Thursday, January 9, 2014

Practice Blog

Part 1
     This week so far i have learned that the Economics class and Economy have almost nothing to do with; money, businesses,  taxes and other things that one might think Economy. No, but it's about the less specific subject of making choices. And that even though things like money can be included with making choices, it's not the purpose of Economics. I also learned about scarcity and that something must be wanted in order for something to be classified as Scarce. And that scarcity is when there is something that more is wanted than is available.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 2
     November 15, 2013 there was a rumor that said salt is scarce in West Bengal. This rumor, whether it was true or not, caused the prices of salt in the market to sky-rocket and everyone rushed to buy some before the prices got too high and before it "ran out" so they could have salt. However the government sent out a letter saying that the rumors were false and there is plenty of salt left so the prices will go back down again
IANS, "Salt selling at Rs.100/kg in Bengal after rumours", The Economic Times, November 15, 2013,
<http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-11-15/news/44113563_1_rumours-common-salt-scarcity>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 3
List of 10 of my future goals:

  1. I want to go to college and get scholarships and help without loans so i don't start life on my own in debt.
  2. I want to become one of three things mostly I want to become a police Officer, i know they don't get paid a whole lot but it's enough. Second would be an Artist maybe do portraits of people for money. and thirdly since I would have the correct schooling in it i could be a lawyer or detective or something around there.
  3. I want a small home, nothing too expensive.
  4. I may work secondary jobs like I could write or do the artist part as a second.
  5. I hope to hopefully one day have a husband with a decent job.
  6. I if don't get a husband i will most likely try to get a roommate, maybe and old friend
  7. I won't gamble
  8. I won't play the lottery as I have more of a chance getting struck by lightning than winning and it's therefore a waste of money
  9. I will not spend money on any unnecessary drugs
  10. And lastly, I will never EVER smoke, they are a huge waste of money, they smell and taste gross, are bad for health AND there are other ways to cure depression

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. nice job mae. good job summarizing what we have learned so far, and you have some great goals for the future. I love the article you chose , I had not heard about that topic yet. now, why do you think the article would be interesting to an economist? answer in reply to this comment!

      Delete
  2. nice job mae. good job summarizing what we have learned so far, and you have some great goals for the future. I love the article you chose , I had not heard about that topic yet. now, why do you think the article would be interesting to an economist? answer in reply to this comment!

    ReplyDelete